Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chub Rub and the Week that Was

One thing that is really starting to bug me about getting back in shape is the constant case of "chub rub." For those of you who have never had this little experience, it is caused by your skin rubbing against skin or the seams of your shorts or shirt. Nothing like getting in the shower after a run and it feel like you just rubbed salt, battery acid and tobassco sauce in the raw hamburger meat of your thighs. And the reason for this nasty little irritation, you got it, I need to lose some weight. Man I am going to be glad to lose that extra 15-20 pounds I am carrying around right now.

Well, week 1 of the 24 week plan is now history. I originally planned on running 60 miles this past week, but after my little hamstring fiasco I ended up with 38. On the bright side, this morning's 5 mile run felt pretty good after I warmed up for 5-10 minutes and today was day 42 in a row of running. This is the longest running streak I have had since 1996!

Total miles for the week: 38
Total miles for January: 69
Total miles for 2010: 69

Until tomorrow, keep running and stay healthy,
SP

1 comment:

  1. something I learned from Juno, that really works, put deodorant on the thigh where it rubs...no more rawmeat.

    ReplyDelete