Saturday, November 13, 2010

Back in the Saddle

It's been a long time since I last blogged and much has happened in that time. But rather than dwell on the past, it is time to set my sights on some readjusted goals and move forward as an athlete.

Tonight I attended my 25th High School Reunion. It was a blast! And one thing is for certain, I am so glad that even though I have suffered many injuries these past few years, I am thankful that I have remained active and fairly fit for my 43 years. It was in high school that I feel in love with the sport of running as a skinny, big red afro sporting, knee high sock wearing, and clueless freshman finding his way on the varsity squad. Here I am 29 years later, still trying to push my body to new challenges. Which reminds me, I am not going to dwell on the past, especially when I wore a name tag with a picture of me that should have been burned, but what I am focusing on today.

Since my first running love is the track, it is there that I am focusing my training for the next 8-9 months. In July of 2011, the top masters track athletes from all over the world will be convening in Sacramento for the World Masters Championship. Therefore, my goal is to compete in the 5,000 and 10,000 meters on the track.

As I saddle back up, this time I am keeping the goal and focus simple; train for the World Masters Track Championships. This is my goal and the first order of business to accomplish that goal is to once again run 100 straight days to establish good, strong and healthy training habits. And, to help me obtain my goal, I will once again keep a blog about my training. So for all of those who follow and read my blog, I greatly appreciate your support as I once again challenge myself as a master athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment