Tuesday, November 23, 2010

That's All You Got?!!


"Poseidon, Poseidon! Is that All You've Got?!" You might think those words came from Odysseus from the Odyssey, however, those were the very words that dripped from my training partner Lino's mouth as we turned into the torrential downpour that occurred three miles into our afternoon eight mile run. As he conjured up the Greek mythological gods to taunt them in the midst of the deluge of Biblical proportions, we plunged forward into a whipping side wind that pelted us with liquid marbles as animals charged by us two by two! To say the least, we were having a blast splashing through puddles like little kids! It is days like these that make me glad I took up this sport. I love running in the rain!

Even though we were having fun, we were still clipping along at 6:30-6:45 pace for most of the run. It felt good to be running along at such a pace; the first time in a very, very long time. As I finished day 25 in row, I am ecstatic that I was able to do it at such a decent pace and in my favorite weather to run, wet and cold. So as I peel off my soaked tights and socks, I look forward to tomorrow's run and I hope Poseidon, Zeus, and Phidippides provide another opportunity to tempt the gods to an incredible day of running.

As always, stay healthy, stay dry, and keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment