Monday, February 1, 2010

Goal Assessment

Alright, so in my first blog I outlined my goals for 2010 and now that the first month of the year has passed, it is time to check in on how I am doing.

Goal 1: Run 3000+ miles. So far I ran 213 miles for January and an additional 16 miles today. Grand total: 229 miles for 2010 and approximately 7% of my mileage goal.
Goal 2: Top 5 Masters of Fresno Runner of the Year Series. Although the first race of the series was ran in early January, I will not be running my first race until February 20. I will have to wait until the end of June to see how this one pans out.
Goal 3: 5,000m and 10,000m at Masters National Championships is in July.
Goal 4: Race 1500/1600. This one will have to wait, as wel,l until the summer or late spring.
Goal 5: Join Local Running Club. I have made my choice after a month of deliberation and have decided on the Visalia Runners. I just need to send in my membership form and check.
Goal 6: Run a Trail Race. Even though I have not picked a race yet, this one I am saving for late summer and to run with my new friend, Don.
Goal 7: Pace someone to a pr. I have a few athletes that I coach that I would love to do this for over the next few months.
Goal 8: Donate Used Running Shoes. I have donated 3 pairs to a local organization, Love, Inc. that provides goods at very low costs to those in need.
Goal 9: Midnight Run. This is also a summer activity.

2009 goal that has carried over: Run 100 straight days. Today was day 64 in a row.

Since most of my goals are geared towards a year of running, I will be a long process in achieving these goals, but I am well on my way. I have been asked about time goals for my race distances and all I can say at this point is, I need a few more months before I can accurately set realistic goals in this area. Nothing can discourage a runner more, than to set unrealistic goals and walk away dissatisfied with the running experience. Therefore, I want to make sure that my goals are challenging but also realistic in nature.

Until the next time, keep running and stay healthy.
SP

No comments:

Post a Comment