Sunday, October 9, 2011

Here I Go Again!


No, I am not conjuring up my best David Coverdale, although, if my wife did want to do a sexy little dance on the hood of our car I could go with that! But Whitesnake aside, it is hard to believe that the last time I posted was back in May. It has been a wild roller-coaster of a ride over the past few months. A strained neck, a huge skin cancer removed from my forehead, new orthotics to deal with my nagging plantar fasciitis, and a very slow, slow, slow 5k in which I finally wore the ol' red, white and blue in a last place finish at the World Masters Championships. But the good news, I'm healthy again and running.

Which leads to why I am blogging again, it is time to start getting after some of those running bucket list goals I set last year. Even though it was ugly, I still crossed one off this past summer with wearing that uber cool Nike USA uni going round and round with twenty-something other guys from all over the world on a hot July night at Sacramento City College. With that one scratched off the list, the next item will be getting a Boston Marathon qualifying time. Which means, I am now training to run the Napa Marathon in March. So stay tuned for I am about to venture back into that blister on the big toe, chub rub, and nipple chaffing world of marathon running...why? Because, as sick as it sounds, this is fun!
(To Be Continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment