Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Il Est Bon!


I was talking to a guy I work with yesterday morning who has recently decided he was going to take his running a little more seriously this year. As we were talking he mentioned that he gets up at 5:00am and by 5:15 he is out the door and is happily on his way down the street. Naturally, the conversation then turns to me and I reply, I usually get up between 4:00am and 4:30am, at which he exclaimed "wow, no wonder you can run so much!" Chuckling, I told him I'm not out the door until 5:30am. So now, he thinks I am stretching and doing some kind of other pre-running fitness routine...

I do have a routine that I follow each morning when I wake at the crack of dawn and it is vital to my morning runs, when I run in the morning, I have been fortunate these past 5-6 weeks to be able to run in the sunlight, even though my legs are still rather a whiter shade of pale. As I stumble out of bed, grabbing my hoodie-sweatshirt, I have one, single track objective, as I stroll past the bathroom (that little business can wait a minute) into the kitchen and open the cupboard to feast my eyes upon my choices of beautiful little black beans to be grind and brewed. Shall it be Italian? Molto bene! Maybe a Kenyan roast? Maisah marefu! Or my personal favorite, a rich dark, earthy French Roast? Il est bon!!! Oui, oui! Ahhh, the sweet aroma of the nectar of the gods! Gleefully, I do a little jig as the steamy brew fills the kitchen air, anticipating that first glorious sip, with just a touch of cream...my poor middle aged tummy is finding it a little hard to drink it straight these days. Joyfully, my fingers do their little tap dance around the warming porcelain vessel in which my lips quiver in passionate suspense for that initial moment of pure liquid ecstasy of the maiden sip of the new dawn. Ahhhh, il est bon, il est bon...

When one is carrying out a love affair, it should never be in haste! As I sit in the stillness, wrapping my precious love in my ever so gentle embrace, I savor the moment, allowing my lips every few moments to taste the tenderness of the warmth of her love for me. And being French, well, she does know how to love me!!! My Italian lover is a little more sassy and my Kenyan, well, she makes me dream of wild, far off adventures. But alas, the cup is empty, our fling is over, however, my other lover, she is over in the corner waiting to be "tied up."

So it is time to lace up, head out the door and run some miles! As always, stay healthy, keep running, and enjoy a rich dark roast cup of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment