Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Morning


It's Saturday morning and i have just finished my second cup of coffee, wondering why I'm not still in bed, cuddled up to my wife? It is windy and cloudy, so I have my tights in the dryer to get ready to head out the door for my run, while rubbing the various aches and pains that are starting to accumulate in my ol' legs. I'm tired, have a long day of coaching ahead of me and I have things I need to do with my family, so there will be no time for a good run later today. Honestly, I just don't feel like running right now! However...

Once I get out on the trail, after a few miles, as the blood begins to flow steadily over my aching muscles, as more oxygen flows to the brain, and the heart gets pumping hard, I will be glad I did not give into temptation. There is a big box of Apple Jacks just waiting for me to get done with my run. (Yes, I still eat sugary cereals.) Another pot of coffee to be brewed and a warm shower to ease the aches away, but only after the miles have been put in for the day. So off I go and in another hour or so I will pour that wonderful taste of cinnamony-apple taste into a big bowl and smile!

Until the next time, keep running, stay healthy and have a big bowl of your favorite cereal from when you were a kid!
SP

No comments:

Post a Comment