Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Much Needed Break

Wow, it has been two weeks since I last posted anything and it is because of a good cause; a much needed break. After 130 straight days of running and pounding out the miles, a busy work schedule, family obligations and a worn out old body, I needed to take a week off of running.

During my week off of running I did not bother to watch what I eat, didn't care if I slept in, and if I wanted an extra cup of coffee, beer or soda, I had one. In other words, I became an honorary normal middle aged citizen of the republic. Heck, I even complained with gusto about the inefficiency of the government while waiting in line for my custard filled chocolate doughnut and extra bold with chunky grinds at the bottom of the cup. It was a good, wait, take that back, it was a great week.

Alas, when the week ended, I was ready to get back to being what I love to be, a runner. It was a slow and easy week, but it felt good to drag the ol' bones around the canals and trail and feel my legs pound away the miles. The bottom line is, I just don't fit in with normal society. Not that I am some kind of late in life social outcast or freak, it is just that I still love to push myself to see what these two old pasty white legs can do. So at 6:00am this morning, I joyously romped around my favorite hilly course in the rain, smiling the whole way, knowing, that this is what I was created to do!

As always, stay healthy and keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment